Inventory Unit Detail
2009 Kawasaki Versys 650
Stock Image: Candy Plasma Blue
649cc Parallel Twin-cylinder, DOHC Engine
- Most compact engine in its category, helps reduce the dimensions of the entire motorcycle
- Triangular crank and transmission shaft layout makes it short from front to back
- Semi-dry sump oil system reduces overall engine height
- The narrow pitch of the chrome composite plated aluminum cylinders helps reduce engine width
- Tuned to deliver smooth, responsive power in the low-to mid-rpm range for exceptional roll-on response – ideal in negotiating city traffic
- 180-degree crankshaft plus balancer shaft smoothes engine pulses
- Oil jets on the connecting rod big ends spray oil on the undersides of the pistons to aid cooling
- Muffler with 3-way catalyzer and bullettip opening is mounted below the engine to help lower the center of gravity and aid weight centralization
- Keeps engine temperatures consistent for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
- Allows closer engine tolerances for more horsepower
- Coolant is routed through the engine cases reducing the number of external hoses
Digital Fuel Injection (DFI®)
- Utilizes 38mm Keihin throttle bodies with ECU controlled sub throttle valves for optimum performance and rideability
- Sub throttles, located behind the main throttle valves, give the DFI system a more precise throttle response, similar to a constant velocity carburetor
- Automatic fast idle system makes starting and warm-up easy
- Precise fuel injection and exhaust catalyzer significantly reduce emissions
Digital Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI) System
- Microprocessor controlled timing never requires adjustment and is ultra responsive to engine needs
- Spark plug mounted “stick” ignition coils are compact and help reduce weight
- Cassette style transmission with the shafts and shift drum in a compact layout that is easily removed as a single unit from the case for easier maintenance
High Tensile Steel Trellis Frame
- Trellis frame is small and light and Narrow at the knees and feet for increased rider comfort and control
- Designed using 3-dimensional computer analysis to achieve the optimum stiffness balance for better handling
Single Shock Rear Suspension
- Aluminum gull-wing swingarm and offset, laydown single rear shock complement the frame design via an integrated line flowing from the steering head to the rear hub
- Short, compact frame and engine design allows the swingarm to be longer, which helps improve overall handling
- Showa shock has adjustable preload and rebound damping and uses a free piston and two-stage damping valves for smooth action during initial compression that becomes much firmer near the end of the stroke for a more planted feel
- 41mm Inverted fork with stiff springs combines the best of dual sport and sportbike-type suspensions, to deliver excellent performance over a wide range of conditions
- Tapered, relatively short outer tubes help provide the ideal stiffness balance to compliment chassis settings
- Fork height, preload and rebound damping can all be adjusted to fine-tune the suspension to specific conditions or riding styles
Petal Style Brake Discs
- Braking duties handled by dual 300mm front petal discs with two-piston calipers and a single 220mm rear petal disc with a single-piston caliper
- Same rotor design as found on the Ninja supersport machines, petal design rotors offer improved cooling and warp resistance
- Also found on the Ninja ZX™-6R and ZX-10R; the six-spoke design requires much less material between spokes so that the rim thickness is thinner and overall wheel weight is reduced
- Each part of the two-piece seat was designed with a different thickness and firmness of foam to optimize comfort for both rider and passenger
- Passenger seat and grab bars were designed to provide a natural seating position for added comfort
- Easy-to-read instrument panel has a large analog tachometer and digital readout for the speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer, dual trip meters and clock. White LED backlighting provides increased visibility at night
- Three different settings, each 20mm apart, allows riders to set the windscreen height to suit their preferences
- Engine Type: Four-stroke, liquid cooled, DOHC, four-valve per cylinder, parallel twin
- Displacement: 649 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 83.0 x 60.0 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.6:1
- Maximum Torque: 44.9 lb/ft @6,800 rpm
- Cooling: Liquid
- Fuel Injection: Digital fuel injection with two 38mm Keihin throttle bodies
- Ignition: Digital CDI
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: O-Ring Chain
- Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake/Trail: 25°/4.3 in.
- Front Tire Size: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire Size: 160/60-17
- Wheelbase: 55.7
- Front Suspension / wheel travel: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork with adjustable rebound and preload / 5.9 in.
- Rear Suspension / wheel travel: Single offset laydown shock with adjustable rebound and spring preload / 5.7 in.
- Front Brake Type: Dual 300mm petal discs with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brake Type: Single 220mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.0 gal.
- Seat Height: 33.1
- Curb Weight: 454.1 lbs.
- Overall length: 83.7 in.
- Overall width: 33.1 in.
- Overall height: 51.8 in.
- Color: Candy Plasma Blue, Candy Lime Green
- Warranty: 12 months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, liquid cooled, DOHC, four-valve per cylinder, parallel twin
- 649 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 83.0 x 60.0 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Digital fuel injection with two 38 mm Keihin throttle bodies
- Digital CDI
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm hydraulic telescopic fork with adjustable rebound and preload; Travel: 5.9 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Single offset laydown shock with adjustable rebound and spring preload; Travel: 5.7 in.
- Front Brakes
- Dual 300 mm petal discs with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220 mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.7 in.
- Seat Height
- 33.1 in.
- 4.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.0 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 454.1 lbs
- Final Drive
- O-Ring Chain
- Candy Plasma Blue, Candy Lime Green
- Standard: 12 months; Optional: Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months